From Array Suite Wiki
Import and unstack a table
Unstack Table menu option allows the user to import a "tall-skinny" table, where each row is a unique entry for one sample and one variable, and you would like to unstack by one of the column contents to make a matrix.
Input Data Requirements
This function works on all Table objects, but generally "tall-skinny" tables are used here.
For example, if you would like to import a table so that target_id is kept as rows, but the SampleIDs are used as columns, with the cell values from tpm, this function will achieve this.
Step 1: Specify table source (file)
The user will first be asked to choose the table to import:
Step 2: Unstack Table options
The Unstack Table window is then presented:
The columns on which you can split the table are listed.
- Row ID: The Table column that contains the row values
- Split By: The Table column that should be split across columns, by the contents (e.g. SampleID)
- Value(s): Which columns to fill the cell contents.
- Covariate(s): Columns that contain additional metadata that are common to your Row ID column, that you might want to include (e.g. gene annotation info).
- Output: Output Table Name.
- Prepend value columns with original column name: Whether to indicate the source of the values by prepending each column with a label. Useful if you add multiple Values to the table.
After importing the table, your data will be displayed as a new Table object.