Manage Project MetaData
From Array Suite Wiki
Manage Project Meta Data
Users with sufficient Land privileges can manage columns of attributes relevant to association result sets.
For example, columns can be added, updated, or removed, and Meta Data can be organized/grouped to be better organized in the Filter window.
To access this function, click Manage | Samples | Manage Project Meta Data:
Meta data columns can quickly be added for one or more Projects.
The input table should have ProjectNames in the first column. Additional columns can contain data (groupings, study attributes, etc).
Clicking Add/Replace will bring up the following window:
A table with Project Names in the first column and additional metadata columns can be added in the following ways:
- tab-delimited file: A text table, with data in a row separated by tabs
- .osobj file: An OmicSoft Table object from an Analysis project, saved as an osobj file.
- local analysis: An OmicSoft Table object from an Analysis project.
- triplets: A tab-delimited file for sparse data, where column 1 is sample ID, column 2 is variable name, and column 3 is the value. See an example here.
Only Projects included in the table will be added or updated. By default, existing metadata columns will not be removed, even if they are excluded from the table.
- Clear existing attributes for existing samples: If selected, and the metadata table includes Projects already in Land, but the new table is missing columns currently in Land, the data in these columns will be cleared for those Projects.
To clear metadata for Projects, first select those Projects in the table, then click Clear Selected. When the following warning pops up:
click Yes. The metadata for selected Projects will be removed.
To remove ALL meta data for selected Projects, first select those Projects in the table, then click Remove Selected.
You will see the warning
Click Yes to permanently remove the meta data for those selected Projects.