From Array Suite Wiki
When an analysis requires a resource file (e.g. annotations), this option's default False value allows synchronization of any required file(s) from the master repository maintained by QIAGEN. Synchronization serves 2 primary purposes:
- Validation - as part of maintaining the master repository, QIAGEN will remove obsolete files. If one of these obsolete files exists in your local area (e.g. Studio client computer or OmicSoft Server host), the absence of the file in the master repository will cause an error notifying you the file no longer exists in the master repository. Since QIAGEN's removal of the file indicates it is obsolete, it is only appropriate to use when Reproducing a data trail (see below).
- Integrity - the size of the file in your local area will be compared to the size of the file in the master repository to confirm the integrity of your local file before using it as part of the analysis.
There are a few scenarios where you may wish to set this option to True to bypass the synchronization and use the file(s) in your local area:
- Custom files - if you are using a custom file that you have created (or perhaps QIAGEN created specially for you) that only exists in your private local area and not in the open master repository, the Validation check will fail and therefore synchronization should be bypassed. You are responsible for confirming the validity and integrity of the file in your local area.
- Access - if the executing machine cannot access the master repository (e.g. firewall block or poor internet connection), either of the synchronization checks may fail. A potential workaround is to manually confirm the file(s) in your local area are valid and intact and then bypass the synchronization.
- Reproducing a data trail - if you are attempting to replicate an old analysis that used an obsolete file which has been removed from the master repository, you should bypass the synchronization check after confirming the integrity of the file in your local area. If you no longer have the file, contact OmicSoft support to request it be retrieved from the archive.