Error: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream
From Array Suite Wiki
Error: "Unable to read beyond the end of the stream"
On occasion, connecting to ArrayServer will result in a popup error:
This may happen immediately when connecting to ArrayServer, or when opening a particular Land (e.g. MouseDisease_B38).
This is usually caused by a corrupted Gene Model file, but is easily fixed.
Solution: Re-sync Gene Model Files with Server
To resolve the issue, simply delete the gene model directories used in OmicSoft Lands
- Close all copies of Array Studio
- Navigate to your computer's OmicSoft Gene Model cache (usually My Documents\Omicsoft\ReferenceLibrary)
- Delete the following folders
- Any Gene Models used in Internal Lands
- Re-open Array Studio, and connect to ArrayServer
What if I have custom Gene Models for these genomes?
If you have custom gene models (or just many gene models) for a reference genome (e.g. Human.B37.3), and don't want to re-sync all of them, you can specifically delete the files corresponding to the Land Gene Models:
- Human.B37.3 Lands: OmicsoftGene20130723.gmodel2/.gmodel3/.gmodeldb2
- Human.B38 Lands: OmicsoftGenCode.V24.gmodel2/.gmodel3/.gmodeldb2
- Mouse.B38 Lands: Ensembl.R78.gmodel2/.gmodel3/.gmodeldb2